PRO BONO PUBLICO
We are committed to being an outstanding corporate citizen and to playing an active, positive role in both the financial community and in the communities in which we live. In the ordinary course of our work, we encounter small businesses without the resources necessary to compete with larger companies. We contribute our time and knowledge to help coach these small business owners to succeed and provide gainful employment within their communities, and in so doing, improve everyone’s lives.
Due to the nature of our industry and economy, we seek to provide a disproportionate share of internal resources to assist women owned businesses, minority owned businesses, and enterprises focused on sustainability. Our policy is that our employees contribute 26 hours a year to assist women owned business, minority owned businesses, and enterprises focused on sustainability. We believe that by providing leadership in our industry, we will improve the welfare of all we touch, and those around them.
We take an integrated approach by combining our pro bono financial services globally and volunteerism in our communities locally. We believe our approach is unique among investment banking firms and consider it is an example of how we manifest our core value of creativity. Whether through our pro bono publico financial services or our volunteerism, we are able to improve individual people’s lives and strengthen our communities as a whole.
In addition to our pro bono work for small businesses, we have contributed resources to the following national organizations, in addition to many local charities:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- Girlscouts of the United States of America
- Boyscouts of America
- The YMCA
- The American Heart Association
- The American Diabetes Association
- Veterans Association of America
“Give yourself fully to your endeavors. Decide to construct your character through excellent actions and determine to pay the price of a worthy goal. The trials you encounter will introduce you to your strengths.”
– Epictetus AD c. 55 – 135
– Main street is a primary employer in our economy. Obtaining leading-edge financial advice is beyond the means of most. By providing our time and expertise, we look to not only help guide small businesses to success, but also improve the financial well-being of their community as a whole.
– Small businesses – those with 10 or fewer employees – produce half the private sector GDP and employ half the private sector labor in the U.S. Our policy is that our employees contribute 26 hours a year to assist women owned business, minority owned businesses, and enterprises focused on sustainability.